MANNUCCI DROANDI | Ceppeto Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
Produttori Toscani di Vini biologici e olio di oliva di qualità | Italian Organic producers of Tuscan wines and extra-virgin olive oil
Chianti wines, Vini del chianti, Olive oil Chianti, vini biologici, vino biologico, organic wines, organic olive oil, organic italian wines, quality italian wines, organic chianti classico, mannucci droandi, vini biologici toscani, organic tuscan wines, the best italian wines, wines to look for, amazing italian wines, italian wines to try
17069
page-template-default,page,page-id-17069,page-child,parent-pageid-17045,ajax_updown_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.11.2.1,vc_responsive

Ceppeto Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG

“CEPPETO” Chianti Classico D.o.c.g. Riserva

Wine We have grown grapes in our Caposelvi vineyards and made them into wine for three generations, but we only decided to enter the market ourselves in 1998, when we decided to reap the fruits of our experience and bottle our own wine. In our quest for quality we sometimes had to adapt our own way of thinking and that of our assistants. Once we had identified the best Sangiovese clones in the Ceppeto vineyards they were given special attention and vinified separately. 18 months in barriques (not only new ones) and 12 months in bottles completed the ageing process for this wine: its land of origin – the high lands of Gaiole in the Chianti Classico area – is perfectly expressed in its rich aromas and concentrated flavour.

Vineyard Six hectares of medium-textured, clayey soil with plenty of stones, ideally aspected at an altitude of 300m above sea level: the best possible production conditions which, along with suitable agronomical choices (minimal cultivation of the land; cordon training and short spur pruning; foliage control in summer; bunch thinning; leaf thinning; and harvesting in several stages), guarantee the highest quality grapes.

Blend Sangiovese 90 %, Merlot for the remaining 10%.

Enologist Giorgio Marone

Vineyard manager Folco Giovanni Bencini

Cellar Cellar man Andrea Mammuccini. The selected grapes are destemmed and gently crushed; vinification is carried out in medium-sized vats (50-100hl) with extended maceration (20 days) and délestage at intervals. Malolactic fermentation is carried out soon after devatting, a necessary step for the subsequent ageing (18 months) in French oak barriques (a few of which are new, and the rest used for the second time). Lastly the wine completes its maturation with 12 months in the bottles.

Recommended ageing period The wine will continue to improve in balance and smoothness for 10-12 years